Cancer rates have been alarmingly rising in the last century, especially in the last three decades, where cancer deaths have become the second leading cause, behind cardiovascular disease. Some experts estimate that at this rate, cancer deaths will exceed those from cardiovascular disease in just a few years from now. The probability of men getting cancer at age 80 is 1 in 2, while for women its 1 in 3. In the entire world, Western and developed countries have the highest cancer rates. Epidemiological studies have shown that up to 70 to 90% of all cancers are caused by environmental factors, lifestyle factors, diet habits and chronic stress.
Researchers have proven that there are certain genes that can promote the growth of cancer known as oncogenes, and certain genes that can inhibit the growth of cancer known as tumor suppressor genes, and that their activity can be turned "on" or "off" by various physiologic factors, which is of vital importance, because the behavior of these genes (oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes) is deeply connected to interrelationship between the external environment with the body's inner environment. While it has been proven that inheritance is not the primary cause of cancer, a small percentage of cases may involve some inherited factors.
Never before did the human body have to deal with such an amount of triggers that can induce cancer as we do now, these include:
- Tobacco smoke
- Radiation exposure
- Electromagnetic fields
- Microwave emissions
- Environmental pollutants like chemicals, petrochemicals, pesticides, herbicides, chlorine byproducts, fluoride, asbestos, fiberglass and other countless toxins in our food, water and air.
- Hormone usage
- Hormones in food especially animal food
- Free radicals
- Nutritional deficiencies from processed foods, depleted soil, artificial sweeteners, sodas, excessive coffee
- Chronic dehydration
- Toxic teeth (mercury fillings),
- Childhood vaccines
- Infectious agents like viruses, bacteria or fungus.
The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry has failed to produce more than a handful of useful therapies, and many people still assume that the only options for cancer are the mainstream of surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
Cancer is not a random misfortune in most cases. We now know that this is a multi-factorial disease, with different ways of fighting it. Conventional approaches such as chemotherapy and radiation cannot be used continually because of their high toxicity. This type of use could kill the person even before cancer would. Then, the side effects of these treatments, like immune suppression and secondary malnutrition, worsen the prognosis as cell cancer can grow rapidly. This opens an abundant field of adjuvant and complementary medical approaches in the treatment of cancer.
At Sanoviv, our mission is to educate our guests about the connection between cancer and lifestyle factors, it is the main way we approach getting well again, we don't limit our medical attention and treatments to just surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
- One way to battle cancer is by starving cancer cells and not feeding them foods that will promote their multiplication. At Sanoviv we serve 100% organic food. Based on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, we believe in using the energy in food to promote health and to help your body heal. Part of our program includes learning healthy eating habits and recognizing unhealthy eating and cooking patterns. This program is provided by professional certified Nutritionists.
- Immunotherapy is based on biological immune system modifiers/stimulators, medications and biological vaccine treatments. It provides adjuvant complementary treatments to modify, modulate and stimulate your body's regular immune system function and mechanisms, so that it can recognize and eliminate cancer cells.
- The detoxification pathways of the human body are a network of enzymes and enzyme systems; they help protect cells from reactive oxygen species such as free radicals. Enzymes work to detoxify a wide range of cancer-causing chemicals which may have implications in the reduction of cancer rates. Part of cancer is toxicity, therefore eliminating the exposure to toxins and encouraging the detoxification systems of the body to be at their best is a potent strategy for healing. Also, clinical trials in the use of enzyme therapy have shown that enzyme combinations can mitigate side effects from chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy, contributing to improvement in the patient's quality of life.
- Tumor hypoxia or lack of oxygen in tumor cells has proven to be a factor for poor prognosis in a cancer patient. Cancer cells cannot survive in an oxygenated environment. Oxygen therapy is another tool used to help fight cancer cells and reduce side effects from conventional cancer treatments. Many researchers think lack of oxygen in our cells is one of the primary causes of cancer. An impressive variety of new ways to introduce oxygen into the body is emerging. Flooding cells with oxygen may retard the growth of cancer cells or even help to return them to normal and maintain healthy cells at their normal functioning level.
- Nutraceutical supplementation provides essential minerals, vitamins and antioxidants to improve nutritional deficiencies, fight free radicals, promote detoxification and support a effective biochemical balance in your body.
- Modern Homeopathy known as Homotoxicology offers adjuvant help in the fight against cancer, as progressive deterioration of the body's own cleansing system leads to gradual compromise of the defensive mechanisms. Reversing this process will have great value in the fight against cancer cells, helping the body recapture its lost biological ability to compete against the invasive cells.
- Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive, positive mind and spirit will help the cancer patient's fight against cancer. A constant pattern of anger, resentment and bitterness put the body into a stressful environment. At Sanoviv you will learn to promote a loving and forgiving mind, body and spirit, creating a positive physiological impact to your body through psychospiritual support.
- Exercise is also very important to aid blood circulation and oxygenation. Exercise programs are tailored to suit the individual's needs and abilities. Practices such as Yoga are very beneficial, as it has demonstrated mental and physical benefits for cancer patients in several medical studies.
- An overview of Sanoviv's cancer approach also includes phytotherapy, thymic peptide therapy, probiotic therapy, blockade of adhesion molecules and hyperthermia, among other individualized medical treatments designed to restore the gastrointestinal, liver and lymphatic system, as well as the hormonal, circulatory, renal and immunological functions.
To learn more about our approach please contact one of our doctors Contact Us