Parkinson's Disease Treatment
Here is an overview of some of the most effective treatments we have found for Parkinson’s disease. Our objective is to lower oxidative stress, support your nervous system through intense oxygenation, detoxify and nurture your body.
- Hyperbaric oxygen: This is a very important therapy as it helps to increase the extra-vascular concentration of oxygen and could contribute to angiogenesis as well.
- Ozone: This therapy activates the cellular enzymatic system, improving the antioxidant processes as well as cellular oxygenation.
- Repair the gut: Parkinson’s patients can have intestinal mobility issues that can translate into digestive problems like constipation. Inadequate function of the digestive system can lead us to have greater intestinal permeability (molecules from food that are not completely broken down that go through the intestinal wall. These cannot be used or recognized by your body) which, in turn, can be related to systemic inflammation and increased production of free radicals. Using our protocol, we focus on improving the digestive process by removing any possible pathogens and allergens, restoring the flora and healing the mucosa of the intestine which will favor an optimal absorption of nutrients, as well as lower inflammatory conditions in the digestive tract.
- Food as nutrition: During and after the repair of your digestive system, nutrition will play an essential role on your path to healing. At Sanoviv, you will have organic, high anti-oxidant, pesticide-free meals that will be low in inflammatory elements. This therapeutic use of food will promote detoxification and revitalization of the cells of the body.
- Supplements: Administering the right supplements in the treatment for Parkinson’s is extremely important. These allow the patient to optimize the detoxification response, fight off free radicals, diminish oxidative stress, and provide healthy fatty acids, among other benefits. IV’s of high dose vitamin C and glutathione are also included, as these help to fight free radicals. In cases where we deem it necessary, we will use chelation as well, to help the body get rid of heavy metal toxicity.
- Vitamin B12 Therapy: If there is a vitamin B12 deficiency, susceptibility to degeneration of the nervous system is a common occurrence. B12 helps maintain a good and balanced function of the nervous system.
- Fitness: During your stay you will learn balance training to improve your gait, reduce falls and decrease pain of lower extremities. We will work on your coordination and flexibility, and if possible, strength and endurance, to promote detoxification.
- Structural therapy: Chiropractic is also a part of the treatment protocol and will aim at restoring range of motion and diminish pain.
- Spa Therapy: Sanoviv has several soothing and relaxing treatments available at our Spa. Among other benefits, these treatments help to decrease your stress levels, to favor detoxification processes and to help to alleviate oxidative stress at the same time as lymphatic congestion, while some others can assist the patient in pain management.
We know that your stay at Sanoviv is only the beginning of your healing process. To support you on your way to recovery, you will receive an individualized home program at the end or your stay that you will incorporate as part of your daily lifestyle. We will continue to support your progress with our After Care program that will effortlessly coordinate any questions or comments you might have for your health team.
At Sanoviv each patient is treated as individual. Depending on the severity of your disease and your unique makeup other programs of diagnostics may be recommended. Please contact our Admissions Department for personal assistance.
Click Here to talk to one of our doctors and learn how you can get your health back on track