Parkinson's Disease Assessment
Like most degenerative diseases, there is no single known cause for Parkinson’s. It has been recognized that Parkinson’s disease is associated with the accumulation of environmental toxins, often linked to an inability to detoxify these from our body. This can be related with genetic predispositions. It’s not uncommon to find single nucleotide polymorphisms or genetic mutations in the detoxification pathways. This can lead to mitochondrial dysfunction (damage to the cells’ energy center) from oxidative damage which will cause an accelerated aging process and premature death of the dopaminergic neurons.
Some of the conventional diagnostic tools that you might have received are:
- An MRI in order to show lesions in the central nervous system.
- A spinal tap in order to look for evidence of chronic inflammation and other indicators in the spinal fluid.
The Functional Medicine trained health staff at Sanoviv have developed a more integrated approach toward the diagnosis and treatment of people with Parkinson’s disease.
Starting with a clinical history, we center our attention on discovering any exposure to risk factors such as chemicals, pesticides or intoxication by heavy metals. Other aspects of the medical history, such as family background and allergies are also very important aspects that we consider.
We run conventional and functional lab tests and use bioenergetic devices to get more information on your overall function status. Some of the tests you might receive are:
- Complete blood work
- Blood chemistry
- Stool test
- Thyroid panel
- Anti peroxidase antbodies
- Fasting insulin levels
- Vitamin D levels
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin
- Sedimentation rate
- FIA test
- Biological terrain analysis
- Bio-resonance studies.
Not only do we have state of the art diagnostic and assessment tools, we have a fully integrated team of health professionals who will study all of this information and connect the dots in order to determine not only why your biochemical, physiological, structural and psychospiritual individuality has developed Parkinson’s disease, but also how you can regain your health. Like Parkinson’s, disease usually comes from multiple imbalances in a person’s life. You will work in partnership with your team of health professionals that in turn will work with the whole staff of health professionals to create a program specifically designed for you from all the information obtained.
In your health team:
- Your Doctor will lead your medical treatment and coordinate all other treatments into your program.
- Your Psychologist will help to determine any emotional factors that might have contributed to the development of Parkinson’s and teach you ways to aid detoxification through relaxation techniques.
- Your Dentist will assess and treat any issues that could exacerbate the inflammatory process like gingivitis, cavitations, abscesses and heavy metal toxicity.
- Your Nutritionist will assess your diet and give you information on the role that food will play in your healing, especially with regard to healing your gut.
- Your Chiropractor will assess and treat any structural imbalances that might be contributing to your health issues.
- Your Fitness Expert will help you strengthen and exercise your body to support detoxification and healing.
We can also offer extra, more specific laboratory testing to evaluate if you have a genetic predisposition toward imbalances in the detoxification pathways. Plus, testing can be done to assess mitochondrial function and measure the level of oxidative stress of the DNA.
At Sanoviv each patient is treated as individual. Depending on the severity of your disease and your unique makeup other programs of diagnostics may be recommended. Please contact our Admissions Department for personal assistance.
If you want to learn more about our state of the art assessments and our patient centered care, please contact one of our doctors by Click Here