Multiple Sclerosis Assessment
In the diagnosis and assessment of a patient with Multiple Sclerosis doctors search for signs and symptoms that are common to the disease.
The diagnostics that you have most likely received by your doctor are:
- An MRI to look for lesions in the central nervous system
- A Spinal tap to look for evidence of chronic inflammation and other indicators in the spinal fluid
- Assess the optical nerve to determine the existence of a reduction in the nerve conductivity.
At Sanoviv, we go above and beyond this. We start with your clinical history, and using our Functional Medicine tools, center our attention on discovering any exposure to risk factors such as chemicals, pesticides or intoxication by heavy metals. Other aspects of the medical history, such as family background and allergies, can provide a wealth of information that is sometimes overlooked by traditional doctors
Furthermore, a high exposure to free radicals coming from the diet and environment and a low anti-oxidant content of the food is important to evaluate. Long term exposure to electromagnetic fields has been documented as a trigger.
Food intolerances, especially to gluten, have often been linked to MS. We also need to evaluate the level of excitotoxins in the diet, such as MSG (monosodium glutamate found often in Asian food) and aspartame (found in some diet soft drinks) since they lead to an excess of glutamate which will cause neuronal injury and apoptosis.
A low Vitamin D level from lack of sun exposure can be the cause for the onset of Multiple Sclerosis, which explains in part, why there is so much more incidence of MS in certain latitudes. A chronic exposure to molds can result in a clinical picture that may be labeled erroneously as Multiple Sclerosis.
There are multiple facets to this disease and each possibility needs to be evaluated and taken into account. This is what makes Sanoviv’s approach so unique.
Routine testing here could include:
- Complete blood work
- Stool test
- Thyroid panel
- Anti peroxidase antibodies
- Fasting insulin levels
- Vitamin D levels
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin
- Sedimentation rate
- FIA (by SpectraCell)
- Biological Terrain Analysis
- Bio-resonance studies.
Not only do we have state of the art diagnostic and assessment tools, we have a fully integrated team of health professionals who will study all of this information and connect the dots in order to determine not only why your biochemical, physiological, structural and psychospiritual individuality has developed Multiple Sclerosis, but also how you can regain your health. Like Multiple Sclerosis, disease usually develops as a result of multiple imbalances in the person’s life. You will work in partnership with your team of health professionals that in turn will work with the whole staff of health professionals to create a program specifically designed for you from all the information obtained.
In your health team:
Your Medical doctor will facilitate your medical treatment and coordinate all other treatments into your program.
- Your Psychologist will help to determine any emotional factors that might contribute to the development of Multiple Sclerosis and support your relaxation.
- Your Dentist will assess and treat any issues that could exacerbate the inflammatory process like gingivitis, abscesses and heavy metal toxicity.
- Your Nutritionist will assess your diet and give you information on the role food will play in your healing.
- Your Chiropractor will assess and treat any structural imbalances that might be contributing to your health issues.
- Your Fitness Expert will help you strengthen and exercise your body in a holistic way to support detoxification and healing.
At Sanoviv each patient is treated as individual. Depending on the severity of your disease and your unique makeup other programs of diagnostics may be recommended. Please contact our Admissions Department for personal assistance.
To learn more and find out how Sanoviv can help, please Click Here to talk to one of our doctors